Wednesday, April 26 | 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT
Presented by the Afterschool Alliance
With so many competing priorities in afterschool, it’s easy for healthy eating and physical activity (HEPA) to become less of a focus, but a quality afterschool experience is a healthy afterschool experience. The great news is that thousands of afterschool and recreation professionals, guided by the National Afterschool Association HEPA Standards, are finding innovative ways to blend healthy eating and physical activity best practices with STEM, literacy, creative arts, and outdoor education.
Join us and experts from the National AfterSchool Association, the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, and Gwinnett County, Ga., as we explore free resources and tools to engage students and families while helping you tell the story that Healthy #AfterschoolWorks.
By attending this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand why the National AfterSchool Association has approved these standards as the ideal strategy to implement healthy eating and physical activity practice in out of school time settings
- Receive an increased awareness of the standards and how to take the first step towards implementation
- Locate and utilize practical implementation resources
- Hear directly from an on-the-ground practitioner regarding implementation challenges, successes and pitfalls to avoid
- Discuss any implementation challenges
- Heidi Ham, Vice President of Programs & Strategy, National AfterSchool Association
- Daniel W. Hatcher, Director of Community Partnerships, Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- Lindsey Jorstad, Outreach Manager, Department of Community Services, Gwinnett County GA
- Tiereny Lloyd, Director of Health & Wellness Initiatives, Afterschool Alliance [Moderator]